Travel Recommendations - Arrival At Destination
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about International Travel Tips and other Travel Insurance topics.
What are some other general international travel tips I should know?
- Reconfirm your future flights - local office may be able to assist.
- Exchange a small amount of US dollars for local currency at the airport for taxi, tips, etc. You will usually get a better exchange rate at a bank.
- Know who will meet you and ask them to be inconspicuous.
- Register with consulate if staying several days.
- Know your route from airport to lodging.
- Request room above ground floor but not too high.
- Check for exits and emergency instructions.
- Plan your escape in case of fire.
- Be sure your phone works -- call the desk.
- Check the door locks - use doorstop if necessary.
- Don't leave your key at the desk.
- Always put valuables in the security boxes.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.