Traveling and Terrorists
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Terrorism and Travel and other Travel Insurance topics.
What are some travel and terrorism tips?
- Schedule direct flights if possible and avoid stops in high-risk airports or areas. Consider other options for travel, such as trains.
- Be aware of what you discuss with strangers or what may be overheard by others.
- Try to minimize the time spent in the public area of an airport, which is a less protected area. Move quickly from the check-in counter to the secured areas. On arrival, leave the airport as soon as possible.
- As much as possible, avoid luggage tags, dress and behavior that may identify you as an American.
- Keep an eye out for suspicious abandoned packages or briefcases. Report them to airport security or other authorities and leave the area promptly.
- Avoid obvious terrorist targets such as places where Americans and Westerners are known to congregate.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.