When Traveling About
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about International Travel Tips and other Travel Insurance topics.
What are some other general international travel tips I should know?
- Always stay sober, alert and inconspicuous.
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Keep phone numbers of local contacts with you.
- Keep your money out of sight - never count it in public.
- Find out where the "wrong" parts of town are and stay away.
- Find out the location of the police stations and get phone numbers.
- Avoid disturbances - go the other way, immediately.
- Learn to operate the telephones the first day.
- Always carry your passport, leave copy in security box -- unless local customs require otherwise.
- Don't stop to investigate accidents.
- If accosted try to stay calm, watch for escape.
- If being followed go directly to the police, hotel, or office.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.